Connecting | Learning | Leading
GAHE offers many opportunities for students to stay connected with other Members:
- Sign up for the GAHE newsletter to stay informed about local opportunities to
connect, learn and lead.
- Visit the online Chapter Directory to get information about your local chapter.
- Use the ACHE Member Directory to search for Members by location, areas of expertise or special interest areas.
- Use these helpful Student Networking Tips when attending an event.
In addition to networking opportunities with GAHE members as well as local education opportunities, Student Associates have access to all that ACHE offers nationally to students seeking careers in the healthcare profession. There are a wide range of services to help you launch a successful career in healthcare management:
- Directory of Postgraduate Administrative Fellowships
- Healthcare Executive Career Resource Center
- ACHE Employment Service: Job Bank and Resume Bank
- ACHE Diversity Internship
- Stuart A. Wesbury Jr. Postgraduate Fellowship
- Richard J. Stull Student Essay Competition in Healthcare Management – Winning entries will each receive $3,000 and the second and third place entries will receive $2,000 and $1,000 awards, respectively.
- Job search resources for students — Includes three recorded webinars covering resumes, networking, and job interviews, plus sample resumes and other resources.
Publications and Newsletters
Student Associates receive complimentary subscriptions to ACHE’s top-notch publications and e-mail newsletters including:
As a benefit of membership Student Associates have access to ACHE’s premier educational programs:
Student Associates are eligible for several different types of financial assistance:
- Scholarships –each scholarship is worth $5,000 and between the two, up to 20 are awarded each year.
- Reduced Dues –Student Associate dues are subsidized by full dues paying Members allowing students to pay lower dues.
Other Online Resources
- Check out the GAHE LinkedIn page
- Attend as many ACHE & GAHE events as possible. This will allow for increased exposure via networking and learn about micro and macro trends in the industry.
- Attending ACHE’s Annual Conference, Congress, has been valuable to many students. Plan ahead and make plans to attend Congress 2018.Trust us, it will be well worth your time!
About Student Associate Membership
If you are enrolled in a health services administration or related administrative program, you may be eligible for a discount on your dues as a Student Associate member of ACHE and GAHE. Find answers to your most pressing career questions —and gain a competitive edge —through GAHE’s resources.