Connecting | Learning | Leading
New Member Welcome Center
Welcome to GAHE (‘ga-hee’), the Georgia chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives. You are one of the many new members who join our ranks each year.
- Our chapter includes over 1,400 healthcare leaders serving in a variety of roles and organizations across Georgia.
- 63% of our members work within a hospital or health system
- 7% of our members are students associates
- 30% of our members are Fellows
- Our board leads 9 volunteer-led committees that welcome the support of other engaged members.
- We have a number of organizations who serve as sponsors, helping us to offer a number of events annually.
- These events help provide members with up to 12 face-to-face credits needed to earn or renew FACHE credentials.
Top 10 Things New GAHE Members Should Know
- We send out 4 newsletters each year that include helpful articles, member spotlights, chapter announcements, and upcoming events. Look for these in your inbox based on the email address you used as your preferred contact.
- GAHE sponsors an annual mentoring program that matches those new to healthcare with experienced leaders in their region or area of expertise. This program typically kicks off with a special event in November designed to help mentors/mentees set mutual goals and expectations. The pair then meet in person or by phone at a regular cadence through May. Applications for both mentors and mentees are collected each September/October. Due to the pandemic, the 2021-22 mentorship program was conducted virtually and started in May 2021.
- To help members earn their FACHE credential, GAHE offers a 6-week webinar series to help members prepare for the Board of Governor’s Exam.
- GAHE offers affordable opportunities for members to earn up to 12 face-to-face education credits. Some of these are offered as webinars or as part of our monthly lunch events at Maggiano’s Atlanta Buckhead. Our programming committee also actively partners with health systems and GAHE volunteers to bring the same affordable content closer to members in other parts of Georgia.
- One such event is our annual mini-cluster event which is held the first Monday in December at Mercer University in Macon. This event allows members to access a full day of networking and 6 affordable face-to-face education credits. (This event is on hold until GAHE is meeting in person again.)
- Our Fellow Advancement Committee also hosts several community service opportunities, allowing fellow members to network while fulfilling the community involvement requirements for ACHE’s Fellowship. (These events are on hold until GAHE is meeting in person again.)
- We also partner with other Georgia healthcare organizations like GAHFMA and GAHIMMS to create opportunities for interdisciplinary education and to make new connections.
- GAHE offers a Senior Executive Breakfast series that includes a limited number of invitees to support the networking and educational goals specific to senior executives leading healthcare provider organizations. (On hold until GAHE is meeting in person again.)
- We make a similar series entitled Lunch with CEO available to early- and mid-careerists. Rising healthcare leaders join a seasoned Chief Executive Officer for lunch in a small group setting. In addition to networking with your peers, attendees will hear from the featured CEO about their progression to the C-Suite and their thoughts on the keys to success for healthcare leaders today. (On hold until GAHE is meeting in person again.)
- One of the best ways to get to know other healthcare leaders and maximize your membership is to be involved by volunteering your time and skills to one of GAHE’s committees. These groups meet together monthly to support a variety of member benefits including communications, relations, programming, and more. If you are interested in learning more about our committees, click here.