- This event has passed.
GAHE Summit March 9 in Macon
March 9, 2023 @ 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
March 9, 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Mercer University Macon Campus, University Center, President’s Dining Room
GAHE Summit Approved for 6.0 Hours of ACHE Face-to-Face Credit
A Gathering of Thoughtful, Innovative Change Agents in Healthcare.
Full Day of Educational Programming
Networking on March 8 Sold out
Special Room Rates on March 8 for Hilton Garden Inn Macon Sold out
About the Program
Join us on March 9 for a full day of educational programming at Mercer University in Macon.
GAHE’s Summit (formerly Minicluster) offers:
- Four program segments on March 9, including an opening keynote session with 3.0 hours of ACHE F2F credit, and
- Plenty of networking opportunities.
GAHE’s Summit will be held in the President’s Dining Room at the University Center at Mercer University’s Macon campus.
GAHE Summit HIghlights
Opening Keynote Session:
“Inclusive Leadership: Leveraging Diversity as a Strength”
Our opening keynote speaker is Stephan Davis, DNP, MHSA, FACHE, FNAP, FHFMA, FAAN, inaugural Executive Director of Inclusive Leadership Education for the department of health administration at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). His topic is “Inclusive Leadership: Leveraging Diversity as a Strength.”
In recent years, organizations have been making more intentional efforts to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Despite the increased focus on DEI, many leaders struggle with cultivating belonging on their teams. In this session, we will explore how healthcare executives can leverage their unique talents and strengths as inclusive leaders.
3.0 Hours of ACHE F2F Credit.
This is an ACHE Choice Program and may be eligible for joint accreditation with other organizations. Click here for joint accreditation information.
Networking Event is Sold Out
Pre-Event Networking March 8 at Yollah Social Kitchen and Garden
Our March 8 at Yollah Social Kitchen and Garden is sold out.
Registration for the networking event is limited to 70.
Our March 8 networking event will be from 6:30-8:30 PM at Yollah Social Kitchen and Garden, 894 College Street, Macon.
There are several opportunities to sponsor events at GAHE’s Summit. Click here for full details.
Early AM Session: 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM:
“Investing in Yourself as a Leader: For Better or for Worse”
Summit kicks off early with a look at the power of coaches and mentors, getting comfortable with being uncomfortable, and simple self-care ideas for leaders. Topics covered in this session include the value of coaches and mentors, life-long learning, taking uncomfortable steps, growth vs fixed mindset, morning and evening routines, and mindfulness.
Our featured speakers are Corey Jacobs, Founder, Chief Strategy Officer, and Health & Wellness Expert, Glued Global Consulting, and Duston Harper, Chief Growth Officer, Employee & Workforce Expert, Glued Global Consulting.
1 Hour of Qualified Credit
Afternoon Session 1: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM:
“The State of Healthcare: Industry Leader’s Perspectives”
Numerous public policy and legislative issues around healthcare delivery and public health affect healthcare organizations and demand the involvement of their leaders to respond and make improvements. These issues often relate to improving population health, access, and coverage through Medicaid and other programs, improving value, addressing consumer issues and workforce shortages, and more. Learning these issues and being involved in policy and organizational responses is important for healthcare leaders, regardless of how directly they may be involved.
1.5 Hours of ACHE F2F Credit.
Panelists Will Discuss:
- What are the biggest issues you see facing Georgia healthcare right now?
- Which of these are top issues for your organization?
- What are your top priorities today?
- What do you see as the biggest challenges and opportunities for improving healthcare in this state and region?
- What do you see as your organization’s top performance improvement opportunities?
Cynthia Costello Busbee, MBA, CSSBB
Chief of Staff,
Senior Vice President
Communications, Public Affairs, and Community Engagement,
Atrium Health Navicent
Executive Vice President Health Care Policy,
Georgia Hospital Association
John Kueven, FACHE
Northeast Georgia Medical Center – Gainesville
GAHE Immediate Past President
Julie Ellen Windom
Vice President of Governmental Affairs,
Atrium Health Georgia
Afternoon Session 2: 2:45 PM – 4:15 PM:
“It’s All About Vision: The Role Vision Plays in Your Strategic Planning Process”
What is vision? Why is it important to a healthcare organization and what role does it play in the strategic planning process? In this session, panelists will look at the various means available and the magnitude of efforts required to develop a new vision. They’ll also discuss the difficulties in developing a longer-term vision in healthcare and the benefits of having a comprehensive vision, versus a single sentence or tagline.
1.5 Hours of ACHE F2F Credit
Panelists Will Discuss:
- In the ever-changing healthcare environment does it make sense to have a long-term vision/strategy?
- Many leadership teams struggle with looking out beyond the current year. What are the barriers to shaping a longer term vision/strategy?
- How often should this vision be updated?
SVP Ancillary and Support Services,
Wellstar Health System
Academies and Career & Technical Education
Gwinnett County Public Schools
Vice President, Chief Operating Officer,
Piedmont Macon and Piedmont Macon North Hospitals
Tracy W. Suber, EdD, MSN/Ed, RN
Vice President Education,
Phoebe Putney Health System
- 7:00 AM — Registration Opens — coffee, juice, and light breakfast available
- 7:30 – 8:30 AM — “Investing in Yourself as a Leader: For Better or for Worse”
- 8:30 – 8:45 AM — Welcome and keynote speaker introduction
- 8:45 – 10:00 AM — Keynote session with ACHE Choice Speaker Stephan Davis, FACHE
- 10:00 – 10:15 AM — Coffee Break
- 10:15 AM – Noon — Keynote session with Stephan Davis continues
- Noon – 1:00 PM — Lunch and Networking
- 1:00 – 2:30 PM — Panel Discussion: “The State of Healthcare: Industry Leader’s Perspective”
- 2:30 – 2:45 PM — Break with light refreshments
- 2:45 – 4:15 PM — Panel Discussion: “It’s All About Vision: The Role Vision Plays in Your Strategic Planning Process”
- 4:15 – 4:30 PM — Summit concludes
March 9, 2023, 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Eastern Time
Mercer University Macon Campus
University Center – President’s Dining Room
1400 Coleman Ave, Macon, GA 31207
- Opening Keynote AM Session: 3.0 hours of ACHE Face-To-Face Education Credit. Note: This is an ACHE Choice Program and may be eligible for joint accreditation with other organizations. Click here for joint accreditation information.
- Two Afternoon Sessions: 1.5 Hours of ACHE Face-To-Face Credit Each (total of 3.0 hours of F2F credit)
- 7:30-8:30 AM Session: 1 hour of qualified credit
- ACHE Member: $250
- Non-Member: $275.00
- Students: $110.00
Hotel Special Rate:
Note: Our hotel room block is sold out. You can contact the Hilton Garden Inn to see if there are any other rooms available.
Hilton Garden Inn Macon Mercer University
1220 Stadium Drive, Macon, GA 31204
Phone: 478-741-5527 Fax: (478) 741-8527